You are here
The MPA program offers regular webinars for prospective students including content-focused webinars hosted by faculty members on relevant topics, military-focused webinars hosted by current students or alumni, and career-focused webinars for people interested in certain areas of public administration. Below are some on demand webinars, and please check our upcoming admissions events page for live webinars you can attend.
Military Service and the MPA - Recorded September 13th, 2021
Current UNC MPA student Michael Simms and Director of Admissions Cara Robinson discuss:
- Why the MPA is a great choice for military affiliates who want to stay in the military or transition out.
- More about how the MPA differs from other degrees like the the MBA or MPP.
- One student's perspective on the community and commitment the program provides to each student.
- Advice for those military members or veterans considering returning to graduate school.
Careers in NonProfit Management - Recorded August 17th, 2021
Director of Admissions Cara Robinson and panelists Kimberly Monroe (UNC MPA Alumna and Program Manager for Community Engagement at Duke University Health System), Claire Kern (UNC MPA Current Student and Intern at the Ascend Fund, Panorama), Bob Herleth (UNC MPA Alum and Retired Vice President of Missouri Botanical Garden, and Adam Myers (UNC MPA Current Student and Program Coordinaor of Church World Service)
Webinar includes discussions on:
Careers in Local Government - Recorded May 27th, 2021
Panelists include: Associate Professor of Public Admisnistration and Government Rick Morse, City Manager of Raleigh and UNC MPA Alumna Marcell David-Adams, and Director of Performance Management in Buncombe County Rafael Baptista
- Roles and Opportunities in local government
- Why they chose careers in local government
- How a MPA supports a career in local governement
- Issues that local governments tackle and how local governments directly impact communities