You are here
Professional Work Experience
The purpose of the MPA Professional Work Experience Practicum (PWE Guide) is to provide students an opportunity to further develop their competencies in a public service work environment and to gain actual work experience for career advancement.
Following the work experience, each student produces a written product as part of the PUBA 745 Professional Work Experience Course that reflects on and further develops those competencies.
Five competencies must be addressed in the paper:
- Analyze organizations and their environments from multiple perspectives, and apply that analysis in assessing alternative courses of action.
- Know and apply public service values, legal, and ethical principles.
- Create and use project management and program plans.
- Read, listen, and think critically.
- Write and speak clearly, concisely, and unambiguously.